Training Calendar for CLLR 2019
Online and Face-to-Face Studies
For people in Australia wishing to study with the Centre for Leadership and Learning in Risk (CLLR) in 2019, dates and location for introductory face-to-face Units have been set as follows
Face-to-Face Certificate Units
- Unit 1. Introduction to The Social Psychology of Risk 13 and 14 February 2019. Location: 10 Jens Place Kambah Canberra ACT. REGISTER
- Unit 2. SEEK Investigations 6 and 7 March 2019. Location: 10 Jens Place Kambah Canberra ACT. REGISTER
- Unit 3. Introduction to Semiotics 10 and 11 April 2019. Location: 10 Jens Place Kambah Canberra ACT. REGISTER
- Unit 13. Due Diligence 22 and 23 July 2019. Location: The Flying Angel Club, Freemantle WA (Dr Long and Greg Smith). REGISTER
- Unit 6. Holitstic Ergonomics, Face to Face, 6 and 7 August 2019. Location: 10 Jens Place Kambah Canberra ACT. REGISTER
- Unit 7 Learning, Community and the Social Psychology of Risk Face to Face, 8 and 9 August 2019.
- Location: 10 Jens Place Kambah Canberra ACT. REGISTER
- Units 4, 5, 6 and 7 are all delivered online.
MasterClass Unit Registration
People need to register interest for a Masterclass Unit before dates are set and a cohort group developed. The following Units will be offered in 2019 on a registration request basis.
- Unit 8. The Social Amplification of Risk 25 and 26 July 2019. Location: Flying Angel Club Freemantle WA. REGISTER
- Unit 8. The Social Amplification of Risk 12 and 13 August 2019. Location: 10 Jens Place Kambah Canberra ACT. REGISTER
- Unit 9. The MiProfile Master Class, Diagnostics in the Social Psychology of Risk. REGISTER
- Unit 10. Understanding and Developing Risk Intelligence. REGISTER
- Unit 11. Communicating and the Unconscious in Risk. Advanced Semiotics. REGISTER
- Unit 12. iThink – Critical Thinking, Dialectic and Risk 1 and 2 May 2019. Location: 10 Jens Place Kambah Canberra ACT. REGISTER
- Unit 12. iThink – Critical Thinking, Dialectic and Risk 15 and 16 August 2019. Location: 10 Jens Place Kambah Canberra ACT. REGISTER
- Unit 14. The Social Politics of Risk 27 and 28 March 2019. Location: 10 Jens Place Kambah Canberra ACT. REGISTER
- Unit 15. The Social Psychology of Culture and Risk. REGISTER
- Unit 16. Transdisciplinarity and Risk.
- Unit 17. The Ethics of Risk.
- Unit 18. Theology of Risk. eLearning delivered online. REGISTER
If you are interested in any of the units above please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and register your interest.
Non-Australian Online Students
All overseas students can register for online studies here
Quite a number of people from Europe, Canada and Singapore have indicated that they wish to do Units 1 & 2 online but fly to Australia to undertake Unit 3.
Online units are completed by undertaking the following through the support and guidance of an appointed CLLR mentor:
- Watching the video series (a login and password is provided).
- Complete a written reflection/journal for submission.
- Undertake online conversation (email or skype) in reflection on videos with mentor.
- Undertake some recommended reading (students will be given access to some readings through dropbox).
- Six of the units automatically offer a complementary copy of Dr Long’s book related to the Unit.
- Some units require a written response in the form of a blog, insitue analysis, essay or a brief video/skype chat.
- The first three Units come with a manual to assist learning and reflection.
A Certificate in The Social Psychology of Risk (4 units) and Diploma in the Social Psychology of Risk (8 units) will be awarded along with a statement of learning outcomes and academic record on completion. Once people have completed the Diploma they are then qualified to teach the Social Psychology of Risk and then entitled to use SPoR Intellectual Property and Tools.
Information About Studies
You can see all available units and outlines here
You can download a prospectus here
Once the three face-to-face units have been completed by Australian students then the remaining Certificate and Diploma units can be undertaken online.